Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh I feel faint

The past few days have been full of surprises.  Starting with Friday, Cottonwood called me at work to let me know Ki had a 101 fever and that we needed to come pick him up.  KC brought him to his pediatrician and was diagnosed with a bronchial virus that was contagious!  And, he's still taking meds for his ear infections.  He's such a trooper!  His fever came down and he was back at Cottonwood on Monday.

Over the weekend, my ongoing battle with my sinuses worsened.  I really needed to go into the office Monday morning, so I thought I would stick it out.  Around noon I was meeting with a coworker going over some open items on the Trinity Christian College project I'm working on.  Suddenly I got really warm and started to shed my scarf.  I told Andrew I needed to go sit down - so I'm walking toward the couches and collapsed in the doorway, briefly blacking out.  I was relieved it wasn't as dramatic as it has been in the past when I pass out.  Anyway, so Lydia took me home and I slept for 3 hours.

I went to the doctor today.  She gave me something for a sinus infection (again).  She also did an EKG to make sure my heart looked good, and it does.  And, she's doing some blood testing to check my thyroid and to make sure I'm not anemic.  I was not really expecting all that, but I'm grateful she's the doctor and not me.

The rest of the day was so relaxing.  KC drove me downtown to get the Focus.  Lydia and Peter weren't about to let me drive home on Monday.  At first Peter asked if I had eaten anything, had anything to drink - and then he asked me if I was pregnant!  I thought that was funny - and no, I'm not.  And yes, I had a bagel, but not much to drink.  After dropping off the Focus at the shop... we stopped at the Grandville library for CD's, DVD's and books.  I adore the Grandville library.  I can't wait for Spring so I can walk there with Ki and get fresh produce from the farmer's market.

And, here's a sweet picture of my baby in my new Puj Go Sling.  I look pretty ridiculous, but I love how cuddly Ki is.
Love, Amy

7 comments:

WAKonings said...

Rough day. . .get better. I'm reminded of a time I saw you pass out at Grandma/Grandpa's house. . .something about a tick in one of Ron's dogs I think! Sorry. . .just had to share ;-)

Amy Melissa said...

Just so you know my side of the story :) - That was actually at our house and the tick was on me - not the dog! And, Ron told me it might give me lyme disease and that he was gonna dig it out with a knife. That was the first time I ever passed out.

Unknown said...

I remember that well. Maybe we're taking the same antibiotics. I felt very faint today too but didn't pass out. I grabbed a few pieces of candy in my desk and ate them while I continued teaching. The kids didn't even seem to notice. I'm feeling much better tonight.

Unknown said...

Every time I look at this picture of you I am shocked at how much you look like me! It's the first time I ever noticed a similarity.

The Voogts said...

I hope you're feeling better. Very cute picture of Ki :)

Toby and Laura said...

Oh, my niece goes to Cottonwood!

Amber said...

The blanket is Saranoni. They had them on babysteals in December, but I didn't get one. The seconds are only $12, which I thought was a great price. And, they included a free burp cloth in the package!

The camera that I use is actually Tim's. He bought it with birthday money the summer before Tillie was born. It's a Cannon PowerShot S5IS.

It's not a Digital SLR, but it does take nice pictures, especially in natural lighting.