Monday, March 28, 2011

Glasses for KC

KC mentioned to me a week or so ago that he really needs a new contact lens prescription.  Seeing as how I have had nearly perfect vision my whole life, I didn't really know where to start.  My plan right now is to schedule him with the independent optometrist at Costco to get a new contact lens prescription.  If I understand correctly, there is a separate cost for an eyeglass prescription.  I guess I'll find out for sure when I call to set up his appointment.  In the meantime, I was looking into free glasses at Coastal Contacts and found this really easy and fun virtual mirror (KC will love me for this).  So, I picked out 4 pairs of glasses for him that I like.  I discovered in the process that I'm a big fan of the black rim frame trend.  Which are your favorite?  If I'm really lucky, I might win a free pair for him.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I don't know how much Costco costs, but I ADORE my eye doctor. (Okay, it's really the receptionist I love.) I think vision exams are $60 there. VanderZwaag on Clyde Park and 44th. Dykhouse goes there now too.

Gina said...

Cool tool! I like the first pair! :)

Amy Melissa said...

Thanks Amber! I think Costco might be $90-$100 depending on if it's for contacts or glasses.