Friday, November 14, 2008

I thought I would be elated and really I'm just totally relieved.

I crammed my brain so full I thought it would explode this morning. Now that I've exhausted all I stuffed it with, I feel positively relieved. As much as I expected to either cry or laugh after seeing my score results appear, I actually was suprisingly unemotional. I am officially a LEED AP (Leadership in Enivornmental and Energy Design Accredited Professional). I now understand those proud people who have plaques of honor littering their walls? I seriously want to frame it and boast it! Well, maybe not boast it, but definitely reward myself for it.

I immediately headed to DSW where I think I finally found a pair of boots I like and put them on hold. I have to decide whether to get black or grey. Then I proceeded to buy a
Yo Yo Ma Christmas CD at Barnes and Noble with some gift cards I've been carrying around for a year. Then to Woodland where I continued my endless search for shoes this winter. I actually found two pairs at Payless that I think will work perfectly. One is a fun glimmery brown that looks a little like a pretty loafer and the other is a dainty gold kitten heel flat that I'm really excited about. It was really time for me to put away the open toed heels and moved my feet into something a little more protective and structurally sound!

KC took me to
Pietro's for dinner. It was my first time, and I really liked it. I reminded me of my childhood Friday night's out for pizza, although my childhood waitress was way better. Her name started with a 'Z'; I could never pronounce it, but I'm sure my mom remembers. K and I just finished watching Shooter - he's really into Mark Whalberg lately - and we felt the baby kick for the first time together.

It really couldn't have been a better day!

1 comment:

Amber said...

http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/index.php

http://smittenblogdesignsgallery.blogspot.com/

These are the two that I have found things I like!