Monday, December 22, 2008

Crib and Snow

Here's an Amber-esque following of my belly from early on. I'm 26 weeks along now. Less than 100 days left to go. The baby weighs about 2 lbs and is almost 12 inches long! I get lots of kicks. They feel really strange when I'm kicked in the direction of my guts. It's fun when the baby kicks outward - you can kinda see it from the outside sometimes.


10 weeks to 15 weeks


20 weeks to 25 weeks

KC and I bought a crib and mattress this past weekend. We got stuck in the snow on the way to pick them up. Good thing I love all the snow! We found them on Craig's List for a super good deal. It's only two years old and was maybe used for a year and a half.



I'm getting closer on names and strollers I think. I want to work on the big things first. The little things can come a little later. At my last doctor's appointment, I asked about childbirth classes. The form said to sign up during your 4th or 5th month - so I was thinking that I was right on track, when I started to count how many months I was... I'm going on 7! I was expecting my baby books to warn me about these kind of things. I guess I should read ahead. I plan to sign up for Monday night classes for the month of January (if there is still room).

I'm also looking into cloth diapers. I had a couple friends recommend BumGenious. I think I could totally handle these - and they come in really cute colors like blossom and butternut, grasshopper and twilight.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I have 8 bumgenuis bought already and have at least another 8 coming from a friend who picked them up for me at going out of business sale at a store in WI.

Abbyslane.com is a great place to order from too.

We're going to the Tuesday night classes in January at the Spectrum Pavillion in Cutlerville. I'm glad to not have to go downtown! But, we're going downtown for the tour and breastfeeding class. We're doing those in March, which I'm guessing would be too late for you!

My crib was delivered last week, but we don't have the room ready at all, so it's still sitting in the breezeway in the box. Your crib looks really cute!

Toby and Laura said...

You are too cute! I've also heard that gDiapers are good too. They're flushable, I think. Not that I'm in the market for diapers or anything...

Amber said...

I was thinking about my comment, and now I feel it's "Look at what I have done!" I didn't mean that at all, I was just so excited that I had something to share on every item you posted!

Karen Bulthuis said...

Amy, oh I am so excited I just stumbled across your blog. My day is a hundred times happier. And YOU ARE PREGNANT! Who knew?! Oh so so happy for you and KC, please give yourself a big hug from me. xoxo

WAKonings said...

Hey, who knew you were a blogspotter!? More power to you with the cloth diaper thing. We'll miss you in Cali this week 8-(

Amber said...

Yeah, I have no desire to have pregnancy pictures. I would rather have cute pictures of the baby later! I've seen cute ones, but it's not something I would want to display.