Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kick Pleats and Flip Flops

5 weeks to go and I couldn't be more excited. I'm ready for this new life; perfect for Spring.


This picture is from Valentine's Day - It's a little funny there's no snow. I don't have any pink clothes that fit my belly right now, so I went with a pink J.Crew headband and purse instead. K and I went to Palace of India on Fulton, right next to E. Fulton Arts and Antiques - which is possibly the most awesome store in Eastown. We had the most fabulous garlic naan and my chicken masala was amazing!

Until then, my mind looks like a mess of all this: calling a pediatrician, finding the best deals on nursing bras and maternity underwear, practicing Kegels, scheduling a setting with a photographer the week after baby is born, going on walks with the baby and family/friends in April and May, 8-9 weeks of maternity leave, 30 hours a week at AMDG post-maternity leave (10 of which will be at home), getting taxes done before baby arrives, KC being in school during my maternity leave, KC being done with school after my maternity leave, moving this summer, KC finding a job, girl names for baby, wall art I'm painting for baby, going home outfit for baby...

I changed my background to match my baby theme. The bedding we like is a soft green and white. I actually found two I like, one with bittersweet chocolate brown trim. If we had a baby room, I would definitely pick a baby green color from the Benjamin Moore fan for the room. I registered for some white and green accents like shelves, frames, hooks and bins that will be fun to hang in baby's corner of our room. I'm thinking when we move in July, even if it is to another apartment, we'll have a separate room for baby that we can decorate a little. It may be a while before I get to pick paint colors.


3 comments:

Amber said...

I had a gift certificate for the Douglas J, so I had a valentine's day manicure! The color is "Ele-fantastic Pink". I really wanted the new "Feelin' Hot Hot Hot", but they didn't have it.

Your shower is coming up! Yeah!!!

Are you getting one coming home outfit, or a boy and a girl one? I have one that could be unisex, but then when I was in Chicago I couldn't resist getting a girl one too.

Hmm... I should post those pictures on my blog.

Amber said...

I bought both of mine from Janie and Jack.
http://www.janieandjack.com/index.jsp
From the sale section when there was an additional 20% off. I was actually in Chicago and bought the girl outfit from a store. (Janie and Jack, Gymboree and Crazy8 are all owned by the same company.)

The only things I've been advised is that they should have a hat, no matter the weather and that 2-piece outfits are better because of the umbilical cord. A onesie during the first week can rub against it too much. This was from our childbirth class.

So, I just looked for kimono tops, because they're cute too!

Toby and Laura said...

I follow your blog, but it didn't tell me that you updated on Sunday. Boo!

I don't have any baby advice, but I am excited for the shower. Something green or white!